Sanbornton

Sanbornton, New Hampshire

 

Sanbornton is a town in Belknap County, New Hampshire, United States. The population was 2,966 at the 2010 census. It includes the villages of North Sanbornton and Gaza.

 

Located in the fork of the Pemigewasset and Winnipesaukee rivers, the town was first called Crotchtown. It was granted by Colonial Governor Benning Wentworth in 1748 to his friend John Sanborn of Hampton, along with 59 others from Hampton, Exeter and Stratham. Twelve of the grantees were named Sanborn, therefore the community was named Sanborntown. Among the other settlers were members of the Leavitt family, related to the Sanborns. But ongoing hostilities during the French and Indian War delayed permanent settlement until 1764. It would be incorporated by Governor John Wentworth in 1770. The town originally included Sanbornton Bridge, or Bridge Village, set off in 1869 as Tilton.

 

http://www.sanborntonnh.org/

Sanbornton Schools

 

Search Sanbornton Homes for Sale

NNERMLS
Copyright 2019 New England Real Estate Network, Inc. All rights reserved. This information is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. The data relating to real estate displayed on this Site comes in part from the IDX Program of NEREN. The information being provided is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Data last updated Aug 17, 2019 6:18:am.

Today's Market Trends for Sanbornton *

$477,430

-0.04%

$176

-0.03%

28

0.17%

July

June

 

24

26

 

 

-0.08%

0.04%

Chart Temporarily Unavailable
Chart Temporarily Unavailable

* All data pertains to single-family homes