Bridgewater, New Hampshire
Bridgewater is a town in Grafton County, New Hampshire, United States. The population was 1,083 at the 2010 census.
Bridgewater received its charter on February 12, 1788, when it was part of the town of New Chester. New Chester encompassed a land area from Franklin, NH to Plymouth, NH. New Chester was separated into Bridgewater and Hill, and at a later date, was further divided into Bristol, Danbury, and Wilmot. Early settlers of the area were from Bridgewater, Massachusetts, giving the town its name. Bridgewater was officially incorporated by John Sullivan, who was President of New Hampshire before the title was changed to Governor. The town line follows the eastern shore of Newfound Lake.
- Alton & Alton Bay
- Center Harbor
- Gilmanton & Gilmanton Ironworks
- Hebron & East Hebron
- Holderness & East Holderness
- New Hampton
- Wolfeboro & Wolfeboro Falls
Copyright 2020 New England Real Estate Network, Inc. All rights reserved. This information is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. The data relating to real estate displayed on this Site comes in part from the IDX Program of NEREN. The information being provided is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Data last updated Feb 29, 2020 1:28:am.