Belmont, New Hampshire
Initially incorporated in 1727 as a part of the nearby town of Gilmanton, Belmont was separated by an act of the Legislature in 1859 and adopted the name, Belmont, in 1869. It was home to William Badger who served as NH Governor for two consecutive terms beginning in 1834.
The current population is 7,356, although the seasonal influx of temporary residents in both the summer and winter recreational seasons greatly increases that number.
Nineteen miles of State highways and sixty-five miles of Town highways provide excellent transportation routes throughout the Town. Three Town highways have also been designated as Scenic Roads and municipal water and sewer serve the population centers of the community.
Like much of New Hampshire, Belmont's history centers on the flowage of the Tioga River and the mills that clustered along its banks. The Town Seal indicates the importance that this industry played in Belmont's past.
Foreclosures / REO
- Alton & Alton Bay
- Center Harbor
- Gilmanton & Gilmanton Ironworks
- Hebron & East Hebron
- Holderness & East Holderness
- New Hampton
- Wolfeboro & Wolfeboro Falls
Copyright 2020 New England Real Estate Network, Inc. All rights reserved. This information is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. The data relating to real estate displayed on this Site comes in part from the IDX Program of NEREN. The information being provided is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Data last updated Feb 29, 2020 1:28:am.